Amritsar Extension Tour
Trip Highlights :- Amritsar (Golden Temple, | Jallianwalan Bagh, | Flag lowering ceremony at Wagah and Durgiana Temple)
Tour duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
Amritsar : Amritsar, literally a Pool of Nectar, derives its name from Amrit Sarovar, the holy tank that surrounds the fabulous Golden Temple. First time visitors to Amritsar could be forgiven for the impression that Amritsar is like any other small town in northern India. But Amritsar stands head and shoulders above any other city, its status elevated and sanctified by the presence of the venerable Golden Temple. Located in the heart of Amritsar, the temple complex is surrounded by a maze of narrow lanes, or katras, that house one of the busiest markets in India. But the Golden Temple is a serene presence, radiating a calm that makes people bow their heads in reverence. The gurudwara, as Sikh temples are called, is the holiest of Sikh shrines. It is not just Sikhs who travel to the Golden Temple to pay homage, the sacred shrine is equally revered by Hindus and people of other faiths who, too, make the pilgrimage to offer prayers at the temple. There more to Amritsar than that - Amongst other sights is Jallianwala Bagh, site of the gruesome massacre of unarmed Indians by British troops. A major tourist attraction these days is the Indo-Pakistan border crossing at Wagah, just a short distance from Amritsar, with its elaborate change-of-guards drill with a lot of strutting and intimidatory showing off by both sides
New Delhi to Amritsar by: -
(Train # 12029 Swarna Shatabdi Express, departure at 0720 hrs / arrival at 1335 hrs). Tea / Coffee & Breakfast will be served on board.
Or (You can carry packed breakfast from the hotel.)
Upon arrival in Amritsar, you will be met by our representative, transfer assistance from railway station to your hotel.
Late in the afternoon, take the short excursion to the border at Wagah located 29 Kms away from the city, where both Indian and Pakistani troops take part in flag lowering ceremony at dusk. The march-past is followed by the singing of national anthem. It is a martial custom that the security forces of India (Border Security Force) and Pakistan (Pakistan Rangers) perform daily.
Return to Amritsar for overnight stay at hotel.
Breakfast at hotel. This morning you will visit the spectacular Golden Temple - the most sacred site in the Sikh religion. On the way visit Jallianwala bagh, the memorial to commemorate the 2000 Indians who were killed and wounded, shot indiscriminately by the British under the command of Gen Michael O’Dyer on April13, 1919 while participating in a peaceful public meeting.
Sri Harmandir Sahib, also known as Sri Darbar Sahib or Golden Temple, (on account of its scenic beauty and golden coating), is named after Hari (God) the temple of God. The Sikhs all over the world, daily wish to pay visit to Amritsar and to pay obeisance at Sri Harmandir Sahib in their Ardas. The Harmandir Sahib was envisioned by Guru Arjan Dev. It was conceived by him to reflect the resoluteness, clarity and simplicity of the Sikh religion. Akal Takht faces the Golden Temple was built by the 6th Guru Hargobind (1606-44) in 1609. All commandments affecting the community as a whole were and are issued from here. A number of weapons used by Guru Hargobind, Guru Gobind Singh and other Sikh heroes are preserved at Akal Takht. You can also visit the Guru-ka-Langar, a dining hall where around 35,000 people a day are fed for free by temple volunteers.
Visit the Durgiana Mandir, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Durga. Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Check-out from hotel and transfer to railway station or airport.
1) If leaving by early morning train the schedule will be :
Train no 12014 Amritsar Shatabdi, leaving Amristar at 0500 hrs / arrival in New Delhi at 1115 hrs.
Tea / Coffee / Breakfast will be served on board.
2) If leaving by flight the schedule will be :
Flight no AI 462 Departure at 1415 hrs / Arrival at 1325 hrs [Mon,Thu,Sat]
3) If leaving in the evening by train the schedule will be :
Train no 12030 Swarna Shatabdi, leaving Amristar at 1655 hrs / arrival in New Delhi at 2305 hrs.
Tea / Coffee / Dinner will be served on board.
Transfer assistance from railway station / airport to international flight terminal to board return journey flight.
End of our services
1. Accommodation in Double room in 05 Star or 04 Star category hotels on CP Basis (Room + Breakfast Basis) inclusive of all presently applicable taxes.
2. All Arrival / Departure transfers from hotel to railways station / airport and vice - versa
3. Monument entrance fees to places of visit as per the itinerary
4. Accompanying English speaking Guide.
5. New Delhi / Amritsar / New Delhi tickets of AC Express Train.
6. All Transfers, City sightseeing/excursions and long drives as per itinerary using chauffeur driven air-conditioned Car / Mini Van / Coach.
7. 01 bottle packaged drinking water per person per day
8. All presently applicable interstate & toll taxes
1. Domestic flight tickets and return international air tickets from the city of origin.
2. Travel Insurance and Indian Visa.
3. Personal expenses such as: Any Meals other than specified above / Drinks / Laundry bill & Telephone calls at hotel. Tips for Guides & Driver / Camera Fees at the monuments or any other expenses not included in the clause "inclusions".